Your bone structures determine your body size, your ankle size, and wrist measurement. But what body frame do I have? Small frame body, medium skeletal frame size or larger human frame size? You might not know until you do a little of a simple task.
One of the reasons why guys have skinny wrists is the body frame. People with smaller boy frame sizes have pretty slimmer wrists and tiny arms and vice versa. So, how do you know if you have a small frame or a larger frame size?
How do you know if you have a small frame?
You can take a rough measurement of frame size by wrapping your thumb and index finger around your wrist at the point where you would wear a wristwatch.
If your thumb and index finger overlap, you have a small frame. If your thumb and index finger touch, you have a medium frame.
Without a body frame size calculator, you can use simple measurement at home – elbow and wrist.
Find Your Body Scale (bone structure) With Wrist Measurement
You have to take these simple ways to measure your wrist size accurately. Combined with your height, weight and bone structure, you can assess your bone structure or body frame.
Small Scale Body
You get a small bone structure or small body scale if:
- Your wrist size measures less than 14 cm (5.5″),
- Your ankle circumference measures less than 19 cm (7.5″),
- Your height comes less than 161 cm (5′ 4.5″),
Medium Scale Body
Midsize body frame is slightly larger than the skinny bone frame. So you are medium.
scale body size when:
- your wrist measurement falls from 14 cm to 16.5 cm (5.5″ to 7.5″),
- your height is at or measures over 161 cm to 170 cm (5′ 4.5″ to 5′ 7″),
- Your weight is normal range, or you are slightly overweight for that bone structure
Large Scale Body
Large-scale body has bigger bone structure than middle frame. So you are large scale
- your wrist measurement is larger than 16.5 cm (7.5″),
- your ankle measurement is bigger than 23 cm (9″),
- your height measures above 170 cm (5′ 7″),
- your weight is normal or moderately overweight for that height and bone structure
Determine Your Body Scale with no wrist measurement
Your wrist size determines your bone structure. Let us give a rough assessment of your
body scale with estimates from your wrist.
Wrap the thumb and first finger of your right hands, around the wrist of the left hand, just
below your wrist bone.
- You’re smaller frame if your fingers easily touch or overlap
- Your have medium bone structure If your fingers are just (slightly) touching
- You have large-scale body If your fingers tips are ½ inch(1cm) apart
Figure out your scale with Elbow Breadth
Just like wrist size, your elbow breath measurement actually relates to your normal frame size. You have to measure your elbow breadth accurately.
- Stretch your arm outward and palm upward.
- Bend the arm upward at the elbow at 90-degree angle.
- With your thumb and forefinger, grasp the bones at the elbow.
- Use tape to measure the gap between your thumb and index finger to determine your elbow breadth.
- Or call a friend to measure the elbow breath with a calipers, or a tape.
Small body frame female: You are between 4 feet 10 inches and 5 feet 3 inches tall, if you get 2 .25 inches – 2.50 inches elbow breath .
Medium Body Frame female :You are a woman between 5 feet 4 inches and 5 feet 11 inches if your elbow width measures 2.25 inches to 2.63 inches
Large body frame female : You are a female above 6 feet tall, if your elbow measurement comes 2.5 inches to 2.75 inches.
You are a man of short stature and thin frame body with height less than 5 feet 4 inches if you have a normal elbow breadth measurement between 2 .5 inches to 2 .88 inches.
You feature among men with height from 5 feet 4 inches to 5 feet 7 inches tall if your elbow width falls in the range 2.63 inches to 2.88 inches.
Guys from 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 11 inches in height usually have an elbow measurement of 2 3/4 inches to 3 inches.
Men who are 6 feet to 6 feet 3 inches tall have normal bone structure with elbow breadth measurement of 2.75 inches to 3.12 inches.
Your a man with height over 6 feet 4 inches and a normal frame size if your elbow breadth measure from 2.87 inches to 3.25 inches.
You assess your body scale to help figure out the right accessories that will fit your body perfectly.