Texting on Apple watch series 6? Apple watch is an iOS smartwatch for texting and responding to messages. If you want to know how to text on apple watch series 6, just like its other cousins, the experience is amazing. You know, instead of texting on an iPhone, you text from your wrist and instead of accessing your Snapchat on iphone, you just open the Snapchat on your apple watch. If you already have your Apple, watch, how can you use it to create messages like you do on a smartphone?
Smartwatch to write text – best smartwatch for texting and replying messages
- Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular), Watch, 44mm
- New Apple Watch SE (GPS, 40mm) – Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sand Sport Band
- Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS, 40mm)
- Apple Watch Series 5 with GPS, 44mm, Space Gray Aluminum with Black Sport Band.
- Apple Watch Series 3 with GPS (white band)
How to create a text on Apple Watch 6
If you have written text messages from a phone, the procedure isn’t much different, except the the devices themselves.
- First launch your Apple watch message app
- On top of the screen, create a new message
- Add receiver’s Contact.
Here is how to add contact number when texting on apple watches
- You can tap “Add Contact” to add a new contact or
- you select a contact from the lost of your most recent conversations
- To input the phone number by voice assistant, tap on the microphone and use voice to dictate the digits.
- You can also search a recipient’s number in your contact list.
- Another way is to use the Keypad button to enter the phone number
- When you have found the number, click Add Contact button
Compose a message on Apple Watch
There are plenty of ways you can text on apple watch series 6 for example. The way you use to compose a text message on your apple watch, only depends on the convenience.
1. Smart reply
These are already written phrases that you can quickly use. If you want to modify the sentence, you would need to open the Apple watch app on your IOS Smartphone.
- tap on the My Watch,
- Go to Messages
- Choose Default Replies,
- Tap Edit to customize the default replies. You can just drag each one of them to reorder. You can as well, chose to delete the message by tapping on the Delete button.
If your watch does not display the messages in the language you best understand, you can switch to a different language that you want. To change message language when texting on apple watch,
- Scroll further down and select languages.
- Then from the list of available languages, choose the best.
- These languages are the ones you had enabled in your iPhone when setting up the keyboard(Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards)
2. Use Voice assistant to dictate text
To create a voice to text message on your apple watch,
- Decide what your message is
- Tap on the microphone icon,
- Tap Done
When texting on apple watch by dictating, make sure you include punctuation as you speak. For example, you must mention “question mark” and the end of any question phrase you want to ask in the message. The app does not know when you pulse, so you must announce a “comma” or “full stop” before it can break or terminate the sentence.
3. Create Audio messages
Apple watch that sends messages also allows you to create audio clip. On your iPhone,
- launch your Watch app
- tap My Watch,
- Go to Messages
- Select Dictated Messages,
- Tap Transcript, Audio, or you choose the Transcript or Audio option
The Audio option converts your dictated message into an audio clip for the recipient to listen to it. This is quite different from a text message to be read. If you decide to tap Transcript or Audio, that offers you the format of your message when you send it.
4. Scribble text messaging
Apple watch comes with scribble for texting messages, unfortunately, its is not available in all languages.
- Tap on scribble icon
- hand write your message
- use the Digital Crown, turn it to choose predictive words or text options
- Tap Send to send the text
5. Object Messaging
Emojis : If composing text to respond to received messages is pretty hard, a quicker way to reply is to send emojis.
- Tap on the face-like emoji icon
- Pick a favorite category
- Scroll through, or browse the available images or symbols
- if you find the right one, tap on it to send
6. Send My current Location
You can also share your location when texting on apple watch. You can share your current location by sending a map to someone. Sending location is only possible is you turn on “Share my location” in your compatible iPhone.
- On your iPhone
- Go to Settings
- under your name, tap Find My and toggle Share My Location
If your Apple Watch has cellular connectivity,
- open the Settings app ,
- Go to Privacy
- enter Location Services, and activate Share My Location
Replying to received messages
With Apple watches, you just need to turn on the Digital Crown scroll to the bottom of the message. Here is how to reply with a quick response tapback.
- double-tap a desired message in the conversation,
- Choose on the best Tapback —thumbs-up, question mark, thumb-down or a heart.
Another way is to reply directly to text message in a group conversation, as it is done on whatsapp. Texting inline, is the best way to respond to group conversation, at least, that way, things are organized.
- Go to the messages in the conversation,
- Pick the one to reply
- touch and hold a it to reply to,
- tap Reply and create your response message,
- When you are done, tap Send.
Apple watch series 7 vs Apple Watch 6 Texting
Apple watch series 6 is quite advanced, and the newest model with a much more texting enhancing feature is the Apple watch series 7 smartwatch. The series 7 does not actually come with a new design per say. However, the more observable difference, that series 7 has a high resolution, brighter screen display which is about 20-25% larger than the screen area for apple series 6.
Apple surprisingly added a full internal keyboard to the Apple watch series 7, which is not avialble in older generations. With Series 7 apple watch, you can swipe letters across the keyboard, to make a word. This comes a lot easier when you swipe with your finger to respond to short messages of just few words.
One interesting experience, is that Apple watch series 7 allows users to zoom or make the text a slightly bigger on the screen, for easy readability, than you will normally get in series 6.
I found fun in watches especially when I started having difficult time select wearables for my skinny 5.5 inch wrists.
Because of the amazing toolds embedded inside trackers and smartwatches, I fell in love with fitness.
Today I love to go out for gym workouts with my friends. Now am part of a sizable fitness community and I feel lucky.