Ask your daughter what she wants in the best smartwatch for teens, and you’d not believe the features she desires.
It will also surprise you to learn about the features best suited for teens’ needs.
The good news about youngsters wearing smartwatches is that they don’t bother how much one costs. Just offer your teen boy a cheap smartwatch for teenagers on his birthday, and he would forever be grateful.
In this review article, we help you pick an excellent smartwatch for your teen boy or girl.
Current smartwatch companies are shifting to include children, from toddlers to teenagers, in their target market. With recent technology, there’s room for everyone to wear smart gadgets.
Just like fashion is one of the hugely expected feature in the best smartwatch for women, smartwatches for children have become revolutionary. What most children would expect from a smart wearable shifts as they grow older because their needs at puberty differ from their toy desires when they’re still under 12.
For example, teenage girls become more fashion and health-conscious at puberty. And like ladies, they won’t go in for a smartwatch for girls that does not enhance their beauty, or help them track menstrual cycle. Therefore, as a parent, consider your child’s age before deciding what kind of smartwatch is best suited for him or her.
If your little Danny is under 10 years, a Superman or Spider Man smartwatch may tell him more stories since he admires those super heroes in the movies. Another movie about the spy kid is a favorite with children 3-10 years, and if you are going to impress your little princess or prince, go pick a smartwatch for kids with camera, call functions, and tracking features like GPS.
When shopping for technology devices for kids, don’t forget that they adore stuffs that glitter, perform cute funny tasks, or represent iconic personalities. As they grow up, their needs and wants shift away. So too, their demands move towards more mature products.
What is the Best Smartwatch for Teens?
Below is our list of carefully selected best smartwatches for teen boys and girls over 12 but under 19 years.
1. Tick Talk 3: Best Smartwatch for Teenagers Without Phone
2. MorePro – Unique Smartwatch For Teens
3. Fitbit Charge 3: Best Fitness Tracker For Teenagers
4. Amazfit Verge: Best Sports Watch For Teenager
5. Fitbit Versa 2: Best Fitness Watch For Teens
6. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2: Best Android Smartwatch For Teenagers
7. TicWatch E2: Best Swimming Smartwatch for Techy Teens
8. YAMAY: Best Economical Smartwatch For Teenage Boys And Girls
How To Choose the Best Smartwatch For a Teenager
If you really want to waste your money, order a fitness running smartwatch for your kid who isn’t interested in sporting activities. Your child’s hobbies, needs, and wants is your best guide on purchasing the right smartwatch for kids that will impress him or her.
That is why choosing the best smartwatch for young adults gets tougher, because the market is loaded with various options and brands, with different styles and features. You just need to be careful about what you consider an important smartwatch for your kid, else you’ll pick something else.
Here are there some valuable tips on how to choose the best smartwatch for teens.
1. Smartwatch Size
Children and teens have delicate, smaller wrists.
So, when you’re deciding on which smartwatch to purchase for your girl or boy, consider the size and how it wears on the wrist. The thinnest Smartwatches wear nicely elegant and more appealing on petite wrists than heavy watches. You don’t want a watch to look comically oversized on your daughter’s wrist. It is also not wise to give a smartwatch for a teenage girl to an under 10 years old.
That’s why it’s important to get the wrist measurement for your teenager before you make your purchasing decision. Here’s how to measure wrist size for watches.
2. Smartwatch Design
This is where you won’t offer your adolescent a surprise gift without asking for their preferences. Smartwatches for a teenage girl or boy vary in design. Some have sporty looks and others, like hybrid smartwatches, combine more traditional and smart watch faces and styles.
3. Your Budget
Some schoolgirls and schoolboys are rougher and more careless than others. So you need to shop for a cheaper smartwatch for your baby if he’s more playful at school. But will it be easy to find an inexpensive smartwatch for children under 16 with the required features?
Nevertheless, there are kids who care for things they love most, so it’s not bad buy to offer them the newest Apple Watch in the market. The price range to buy a smartwatch for juniors under legal age is $20 to $400. There are varieties of smartwatches for teenagers under $100, meaning that from infants to older children, you will always have an affordable wearable.
The strength of materials used in making smartwatches for teens is a matter of concern. It is hard to make a choice, but I think watches for school children need to be a little tough, instead of delicate and fancy.
So a sturdy design smart watch for youths can be more durable for teenagers. What about bangs and crashes against tables, ground, or walls? A scratch-proof smartwatch for teens is longer lasting than fashion smartwatch for little mademoiselles.
More importantly, when considering durability, find out whether the smartwatch is water-resistant. We all believe that rain and water slashes can damage even a luxurious piece of wearable. Waterproof smartwatches, that also have tough glass covers, are great for swimming, showering and other water adventures.
A waterproof smartwatch or scratch-proof smartwatch for teens will relieve you of worry, because you know there will be little and slow damage (wear, tear, and scratches) to the smart wearable device.
But what is the best smartwatch for a teenager, with a waterproofing design? Stick with me! I’m taking you somewhere.
5. Smartwatch Battery Life
Battery is king, else your thousand-dollar smartwatch is an expensive waste. There are long battery life smartwatches available in the market, but they are on the higher end. One thing that sucks in buying cheap smartwatches is frequent charging, something you’d want to protect your child from.
Notwithstanding, if you order a smartwatch with parental control features like tracking the child’s whereabout, listening to communication, viewing the child’s text messages, you don’t want a piece whose battery drains faster.
Again, hybrid smartwatches that have longer lasting battery life turn to lack these security, call, text, and geo-location tracking features. Except you want to allow your junior one to suffer the hassle of carrying around chargers frequently, it is better to add a few dollars and look for the longest lasting battery life smartwatch. I recommend a smartwatch for youngsters with at least 3 days battery life.
6. Security Features – Safety for Teen Boys and Girls
No parent wants their beardless son to end up in a juvenile detention center. There are a lot of vices and crime around schools and play centers, and it is common to find children in their formative years, because they are innocent, do some pretty bad stuff. So, every father or mother wants to check often whether there is any juvenile behavior in their children that can send them to jail.
Smartwatches for youths, with onboard GPS tracker, geo-fencing, SOS emergency, fall detections and more, can undoubtedly be a more convenient, wireless security device for parental control.
How Much Fun is in It?
You know that tech devices are captivating for babies and preadolescent children thanks to games. Phone-like gaming devices are the most common, but what about having a smartwatch for little guys and little angels with games?
More than that, games are better learning tools for children in school. Young boys and young girls love playing games on their smartwatch from their wrist.
8. Music control & playback
Music playback devices are some of the common entertainment tools teens want. Yes, there are many YouTube to MP3 players in the market currently, but it is awesome and inspiring to get to play and enjoy audio music flowing from your wrist.
Even as an adult, you’ll be thrilled to get your favorite music streaming from your wrist through Bluetooth-paired headphones or directly from smartwatch speakers.
You have heard of spy kid movies? It seems every child, young man, or young woman adores that movie. Even some parents like it too, wishing that our kids could one day become those celebrities.
More than using a juvenile smartwatch for spying around, a smartwatch with camera can turn an untrained child at a tender age into a little professional photographer and outdoor adventurer (hiking, hunting, dividing). If you love to see your little guy become a James Bond, or your daughter to become a Wonder Woman, offer them the best smartwatch with camera.
Fortunately, we have many smartwatches with camera for young people in this review.
10. Fitness tracking
Children, like adults, love NBA, baseball, and other sports. They even like fitness workout at gyms or indoor home gyms. I believe every parent would want his little child to stay active and healthy, and that is why some families buy home treadmills or trampolines for indoor exercises. A smartwatch with built-in fitness app, health apps, can be valuable for teenagers with an active fitness lifestyle.
Since fitness is one activity that is essential for a healthy body system, it is recommended for children to do so often. An increasing fraction of American children are suffering from overweight and obesity. Fitness exercises on family treadmills, jumping on school trampoline, or walking and running, can curb their risk of becoming overweight. This means there’s need for smart fitness and health monitoring watches for kids.
A smartwatch for teens that can track their fitness activities and tell their performance is a splendid gift for active kids. Apart from fitness and sports-focused smart watches, a cool health monitoring watch can be a potential lifesaver even for children. Smartwatches that track periods and pregnancy are inherently perfect for teen girls at puberty.
11. Standalone Features – Calls, Texting
Adolescent boys and girls love to wear stylish, functional smart watches that do more than just tell time. Features that enhance their connectivity with other friends, music playback, wrist games, if included in a smartwatch, would be perfect accessory to most youths. That is why plenty of teenagers love cool smartwatches that can call and text with no cellular phone.
In this list, you will find art watches for teens with SIM card slots, electronic sims, and message-texting functions. Besides, a smartwatch that can make and receive calls is an added advantage, as parents can call their kids away from home.
12. Health Tracking
When exercising, it is important to check the heart rate regularly. Since some children have heart diseases, you will not let them do activities beyond their cardiac ability to support it. As a result, a health-tracking device like smartwatches for heart rate monitoring, a smartwatch with blood oxygen monitor, or a diabetes watch, could be a potential lifesaver.
Additionally, health-focused parents would consider checking the sleep patterns of their kids. A smartwatch that analyses sleep can be such an extremely seamless way to track your child’s sleep after long hours of playing.
More specifically for teenage girls, menstrual cycle monitoring is still a mystery to many of them. A smaller, thinner, and lighter smartwatch for women that tracks a lady’s period and pregnancy is the best Christmas or birthday gift for most young female children under 18 years.
14. Fashion and dressing
Fashion is one big motivator why kids want to wear their smart devices on wrist, which looks cool and matches their outfit. Fashion-focused smartwatches with many color options and design to choose from attract many young people even more.
Best smartwatch for teenagers reviewed
Xiaomi Band 6 – Best Cheap Smartwatch for Teens Girls
Xiaomi Band 6 is a popular fashionable and very affordable smartwatch for teens. It is a designed with various cool band color options. And because it is alternatively cheaper, your teen girl won’t lack her favorite smartwatch for adolescents.
Mi Band 6 is a recent upgrade from Mi Band 5, distinguishable because of its larger colored display touchscreen. The Xiaomi is a lightweight smartwatch for sweet sixteens, with most fitness features, music control, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- 1.56 inch AMOLED touschscreen
- Fitness: plenty sports modes
- Connectivity: Bluetooth
- Charging: magnetic
Reason to Buy This Best Smartwatch for Youth?
- Screen is large, has good resolution (high pixel density) and brightness
- Can control music via Bluetooth
- Lightweight smartwatch for teenage girls and skinny adult women
- Customizable screen skin – you can choose pre-built templates or upload yours
- Many sport modes including outdoor running, walking, swimming, cycling, indoor running.
- Relatively cheap and affordable best smartwatch for teens
Honor Band 6 – Best Teen Tech Smart Watch for Kids
Here is one of the kids’ smartwatches, an excellent choice smartwatch for teenage girls and boys.
The number of fitness-focused teenagers is growing everyday around the world. If you’ve got a young male person at home who loves active sports lifestyle, this Huawei brand smartwatch is a superb gift for your child.
The high-tech smartwatch is lighter and slimmer and features a 1,47 inch HD AMOLED touchscreen with a pretty easy-to-navigate menu. Teen kids who like to swim can easily glance to check their strokes with a SWOLF score on.
Packed inside is over a hundred fitness workout profiles like swimming, walking, and more exercises, plus a running coach function. For health, the Honor Band 6 is an adult kids smart watch that supports 24 hour blood oxygen and heart rate monitoring.
If you want your son to train from beginner level to advance fitness experience while still under 16 years, just buy him this multi-sports mode smartwatch for teenager boys and girls.
Overall, this is the best teenage kids smart watch fitness tracker to offer a child.
- AMOLED touchscreen
- Tracking: heart rate and blood oxygen
- Water existence: 50m
- Fitness: 100+ exercise profiles
- Battery life: 2 weeks
Why Buy This Teenage Kids’ Smartwatch?
- High-tech resolution screen
- High quality slim and lightweight kids smartwatch
- Running coach functionality
- Waterproof and great for swimming
- Compatible with paired Android and iOS devices (iPhone, iPad)
- Offers smart notifications on kid’s wrist
- Features an ultra-long battery life – 14 days plus fast magnetic charging
MorePro – Health Monitor Smartwatch for Teen Boys and Girls
MorePro is another low-cost triple-color smartwatch designed for teens. Much like a smartwatch for adults, MorePro is a teen kids smartwatch with text messages features and support for social channels like WhatsApp, Twitter, and Facebook.
These rich features can keep students, classmates, and their schoolmates connected, from the wrist. The 18 sports modes like running, cycling, hiking, are a huge benefit for teenager to stay fit and healthy.
- 1.14-inch IPS Color HD Screen
- blood oxygen SpO2 Monitor
- 24/7 Heart rate tracking
- Sleep and Stress Monitor
- Android and iPhone compatible
- fitness: 18 Sports Mode
- navigation Compass
- battery life: 5 days
- Water resistance: 5ATM
Reasons to Buy this Boys and Girls Smartwatch
- Is the best teens smartwatch for swimming or bathing
- It monitors irregular heart beat and detects Arrhythmia
- Has health sensor, tracks heart rate, stress and blood oxygen levels in real time
- Has built-in pedometer, counts steps and calories burnt
- Battery lasts 4-5 days, plus magnetic charger
- Music control, help wearers listen to tunes
Although it is an affordable smartwatch for teenagers, it has no GPS tracker for geolocation navigation.
Fitbit Charge 3: Best Fitness Tracker for Teenagers
If you’re lucky to have an active kid in school, your little girl may love extracurricular sports activities. Fitbit Charge 3 can be the perfect best fitness smartwatch to record her progress till she achieves her goals.
A very cheaper fitness band is just unappealing for an athletic teenager, and the best motivation to workout or train more is owning the best smartwatch for teenagers, with fitness tracker and GPS.
This Fitbit GPS tracker watch for teenagers can help in parental control, allowing guardians to check the location, paths, and whereabouts of their kids during and after school.
Fitbit Charge 3 is the best choice for kids smart watch with good battery, exercise modes, and simple design. It works awesomely in transforming teens’ fitness lifestyle from childhood to adolescence.
The soft band feels light and is comfortable on small wrists. But unfortunately, the smartwatch for youths is expensive, and you’d be lucky to pick a good deal.
- Battery life: 7 days
- Durable: Swim-proof materials
- Goal-based exercise modes
- Navigation: GPS
- Support for calls, text, calendar alerts
- Health: Continuous heart tracker
- Waterproof rated at 50m
Why Buy This Pre-teen Kids Smartwatch?
- Perfect design with a single band which fits teen boy or girl
- Durable watch materials that survive mud and water
- Impressive battery life up to one week
- Fitness-interested young guys will enjoy up to 15 exercise modes.
- You get regular checks of heart conditions, 24/7
- It has onboard GPS for outdoor navigation
- It tracks swing data – swim strokes
- The smartwatch for teens can receive calls, text messages, and issue calendar alerts
- Excellent support for weather apps
Amazfit Verge: Best GPS Sports Watch for Boys and Girls
Another GPS tracker watch for teenagers, which is more of an Apple Watch alternative, is the Amazfit Verge smartwatch for teens. GPS navigation aids in parental control, geo-fencing, and regular kids’ location check. Additionally, the rugged design and wellness-tracking features like sleep and heart rate monitoring are added value for outdoor teens.
The Amazfit Verge smartwatch is perfectly lightweight and tracks steps, distance, calories burned, and sleep quality. There are over 12 sports modes, the teens’ GPS watch support for text notification, 4GB memory for music storage and control.
Kids play a lot, and you definitely would want a robust smartwatch for teen boys. The IP68 waterproof rating is a huge protection against water with durable gorilla glass 3 against scratches and dust. This makes the smartwatch a perfect combination for pre-teenager children. Consider it as a suitable outdoor GPS sports smartwatch for teens.
Any youngster would want a smartwatch that receives calls, text messages, and notifications without a phone. This Amazfit can help young adults to stay connected. Just pair the Amazfit verge smartwatch for teens with a smartphone via Bluetooth.
Lovable tech smartwatch for teenagers looking to enjoy and find fun in sports and outdoor adventures.
Shop other Amazfit smart Watches here.
- 1.3″ AMOLED screen
- Battery life: 5 days
- Sports modes: 12
- Continuous heart-rate tracker
- Sleep and activity tracker
- Water Resistant: ip68 waterproof
- Supports call and text after pairing with a smartphone
Reasons to Buy This Teen kids Smartwatch
- It features Hollywood-inspired sci-if watch faces
- Comes with hypo-allergenic expandable wrist band,
- Has high resolution (360 x 360) display and 0.49-inch thin Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Good battery life after a single charge
- The built-in GPS and GLONASS accurately track adventure routes
- Supports fitness plus 24/7 heart-rate monitor and sleep analysis
- It supports social media apps like Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Snapchat.
- Has Alexa for flash briefings and weather forecasts.
But there’s no Wi-Fi connectivity and mobile payment.
Pebble Time Round – Best Thinnest Android Smartwatch For Teens
Pebble Time Round is the world’s slimmest, lightest, and thinnest smartwatch ever made yet. Visually, it looks delicate, a lovely crown piece android smart watch for pre-teenage and teenage wrists. Those 7.5- 9mm ultra thin watches even look bulkier. Pebble Time Round is a high tech, minimalist timepiece with lots of features packed into a 14mm by 7.5mm wafer-thin case.
The slimmer design makes Pebble Time probably the most comfortable smartwatch to wear. The ultra-thin android smartwatch comes with interchangeable straps, delightful and customizable watch faces that most teen children and young adults cherish.
The Pebble Time is a stylish smart watch equipped with lots of features that most teenagers want to have on their wrists. Overall, the petite size android smart watch is an awesome and perfect fit for a teenage girl or a skinny woman.
You can also pick it as the best smartwatch for a 13-year-old girl or boy. Some customers say they had even ordered the smartwatch for a 12-year-old pre-teen child.
- Thin size : 7.5 mm
- Smart fitness tracker
- Integrated 24/7 heart rate monitor
- Support: voice command, microphone
- Water resistance: 30m
- Battery life: 5-7 days
- Calendar, alarm, notifications
Why I Love This Android Kids’ Smartwatch
- Displays the number of calories you burn and steps walked
- Pebble health tracks cardiovascular performance and deep sleep
- Voice command and onboard microphone
- Allows text message reply, phone notifications
- Waterproof smartwatch for teenagers, for swimming and showering
- One week battery life is a great boost
- There are many support apps in Pebble App store.
- Works with iPhone apps and Android apps, plus WhatsApp.
- Can make the best smart watch for 11-year-old pre-teenage child
Fitbit Versa 3 – Best Smartwatch for 15-Year-Old Kids and Sweet Sixteens
Experts and users confirmed this sports android smart watch is invaluable for athletic teenagers and adults, since it delivers astounding and realistic results during exercises.
Most people classify Fitbit wearable as a suitable gadget brand for adults only. But a bigger child (boy or girl) at 14-18 years can comfortably wear Fitbit Versa 3. However, because of the menstrual tracking functionality, the sports smartwatch is suitable for athletic teenage girls and adult women.
That means Fitbit Versa 3 is best android smartwatch for an active lifestyle adult lady, but not only for women. The Fitbit Versa android watch has a feminine touch, with stunning beauty on ladies’ and girls’ wrist. If my daughter finds love in becoming the most ambitious female athlete, I won’t hesitate sending her Fitbit Versa 3 as a special gift.
The price difference between the Fitbit Versa 3 and Fitbit Versa 2 is not much. So, better to buy the advanced android Fitbit Versa 3 which is even more valuable.
You don’t believe it? Your girlfriend or daughter can wear this watch into the pool to swim or to shower.
If you must stick to Fitbit smart fitness watch, it is not a weakness to check Fitbit Versa Lite, for your little son or daughter over 12 years.
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring
- GPS satellite system
- Multiple exercise modes
- Lady wellness: menstrual cycle
- Apps: Fitbit app, social app
- Water resistance:50m
- Batter lasts: 4 -6 days
- Supports: built-in Alexa
Reasons to Buy This Smartwatch for Your Daughter
- Over 15 exercise modes, so female athletes can enjoy a variety of workout stats
- Wellness tracking includes heart beat with PurePulse and sleep
- Has women’s period tracker, great for young females over 14 years
- Light and slim all-day-wear android smartwatch
- Best smartwatch to receive calls, and text phone-free
- For outdoors, the built-in GPS gives real time location, pace, and distance data
- Active zone minutes use Fitbit HR technology to gauge exercise efforts
- Large memory for MP3 music, Built-in mic/speaker
Reason to Avoid
- Supported apps are limited
- Always-on display bad for battery life
- No fall detection
Kate Spade – Best Android Smartwatch For Teenage Girls
Kate Spade Scallop is a favorite android-compatible women’s and teenage girls’ smartwatch with music control, heart rate tracker, calories burned, and step counter.
You want to surprise your teenage daughter on her birthday? She’ll surely love the Kate Spade smartwatch for girls, which is best designed for fashion with rich aesthetics.
There are various colors, including black, gold, rose gold, pink and white. Band options include leather, silicone, and classic stainless steel.
It’s just a matter of personal taste and a young woman in her 20s and a grown-up girl at 16 won’t lack a perfect matching android smartwatch for teens that blends with her outfit.
Away from fashion and elegance, the android device is powered by Google’s Wear OS software, so tech teens will love to see and get their cherished apps from the Google PlayStore. It is compatible with Android OS 4.4+ and iOS 9.3+ devices.
Kate Spade is the most sought-after android smartwatch for teen girls and women with onboard GPS navigation, Google pay, and heart rate monitor.
- Operating system: Google wearOS
- Outdoor navigation: GPS
- Waterproof: 30m
- Payment: Google Pay, NFC
- Compatibility: Android 4.4+
- Health: heart rate tracking
- Battery life: 24 hours
- Fitness: step counter, calories burned
Reasons to Buy This Teenage Kids’ Smartwatch
- Untethered GPS, NFC and heart rate monitoring
- Phone notifications plus email and message alerts
- WearOS platform with Google Assistant
- Google Fit is great for indoor or at home workouts
- 30m water resistance, endures rain and splashes
- Customizable watch faces and bands
- Basic activity tracking and budget friendliness
Reason to Avoid
- Powered by Snapdragon 2100 chip
- Battery life not impressive at all
- No sleep tracker
- No LTE
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 – Best Tech Teen Smartwatch for Android
This smart workout monitor watch is specifically designed for active persons, including women, girls, and young boys, but it has plenty of color options and style that suit girls and women.
One top of the line best smartwatch for women and teenage kids with active, athletic lifestyle is Samsung Galaxy watch active 2. The Android and iOS compatible Samsung smartwatch for teens is a great wellness and health partner one can offer a daughter. Although it is not a dedicated women’s smartwatch, the feminine touch is amazing and astounding .
Even teens see Samsung as a high-tech giant smartwatch company and they will be delighted to wear a smart wearable from that brand. Amongst the Samsung products, Samsung Galaxy active 2 is a perfect solution, and the right match for teenagers.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 looks pretty cool and wears nicely on smaller wrists of younger or growing up children over 12 years old. With nearly everything that most teenagers dream of having in their ideal smartwatch, your children will definitely want it as a pair.
This android smartwatch for teens can track fitness, help young men and young women to enjoy music, messaging, and wireless payment at shopping malls. The aluminum or stainless steel models are just gorgeous, with an attractive round dial and custom watch faces.
Check these standalone android smart watches.
- Screen: round dial
- Sensors: heart rate tracker, ECG,
- Sizes : 49mm, 44mm, 42mm
- Connectivity: GPS, LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Waterproof: 50 m
- Operating System: Tizen OS
- Support: Samsung pay, NFC
- App: Spotify, myfitnesspal, and more
- Compatible Device: Samsung, Android smartphones
Reasons to Buy This Samsung Smartwatch for Tech Teens
- Best healthy life assistant and fitness partner
- Monitors stress level, sleep patterns
- Girls wellness: period or menstrual cycle tracker
- feels pretty and comfortable on the wrist
- Customizable watch faces and multicolor straps
- Large display with watch face that snaps and blends with your outfit.
- Variety of models including the new rose gold, aluminum
- Grandmother, adult woman, and little girls can wear it
- Detects and alert high or low heart rates with ECG and measures blood pressure on the move.
- 5ATM water and dustproof, app support.
- If you want cellular calls, pick this 40mm case Samsung Galaxy active 2 LTE model (unlocked LTE + GPS)
Reason to Avoid:
- Questionable smartwatch battery life
- The LTE android smartwatch can get really expensive
Samsung Gear S – Best Standalone Smartwatch for Teenagers Without a Phone
Samsung Gear S is a Tizen-powered timepiece capable of making calls and going online without need for a smartphone.
The design, including the curved watch face and the sleek shape, is full of aesthetic that suits slender wrist, although it is for adult-size wrist. This one is particularly useful for big fat kids under or over 13 years.
Because Samsung Galaxy Gear S Smart Watch with Curved Super AMOLED Display calls without a phone, Gear S is the smartwatch for teenagers without a phone.
With many rich fitness-tracking functions, an adult or teenage runner interested in the best smartwatches for running and music will definitely not ignore this gadget.
Smartwatches are considered as codependent gadgets to phones where you need an auxiliary device around to do the cellular legwork. But the Gear S curved-screen smartwatch is a piece of technology from Samsung that claims to do phone calls all by itself. Your daughter or son won’t need a dependent device to make phone calls.
Check best standalone smartwatch with sim card slots.
- Curved 2-inch 360×480 pixel Super AMOLED display
- Touchscreen interface
- Support 2G GSM and 3G network
- Flex band (with changeable straps),
- IP67-certified (particle and moisture resistant)
- powered by 1.0 Ghz dual-core processor,
- OS: Tizen, the Linux-based operating system
- Connectivity: 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Battery: 300 mAh Li-ion
- Outdoor Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer, compass, ambient light sensor, UV, detector
- Health tracker: a heart-rate monitor,
- Navigation: GPS, glonass
Reason to Buy
- Customizable interface
- Teenagers need no phone
- Good screen to read messages and notifications at a single glance
- Has 512MB of memory and 4GB of internal storage,
- It will sync with a smartphone,
- You need a Bluetooth headset that can pair with smartphones
- Has a magnetic lock that lets it hang around your neck during downtime
- It vibrates to indicate an incoming call or notification during school lessons
Mobvoi TicWatch S2- Best Durable Smartwatch for Kids
Mobvoi Ticwatch S2 is one of the US military standard 810g-certified, durable, high quality but affordable smartwatch teen children can also wear for mountaineering. It Is is really uncommon to have a smartwatch withstand high temperatures, shock, and dust. Luckily, this is a more robust, long-lasting smartwatch that is also 50m waterproof for swimmers.
For young people who want to try hiking and biking adventures, TicWatch would just be the most rugged smartwatch a teen adventurer should wear, and receive real time statistics of their performance in outdoor activities.
Powered by Google’s Wear OS android software, TicWatch WearOS operating system allows any young boy or young woman to freely access their favorite PlayStore apps and use the Google Assistant function from the wrist.
- Advanced navigation: GPS, GLONASS, beidou
- Health heart rate tracking
- Durability: US military standard 810g certified
- OS: wearOS
- Sports : 6 modes
- Water resistance: 50m
- Android compatible
Why Should You Buy It?
- Tracks swimming, running, and sleeping
- Ticwatch S2 is a waterproof smartwatch
- Temperature resistant, so it can endure hot climatic conditions like deserts
- Extremely durable and us military certified
YAMAY: Best Cheap Android Smartwatch For Teenage Girls & Boys
You want an android female health-recording smartwatch that is convenient and perfect for all ages? This wearable is great for teenage boys or girls who don’t want to wear bulky devices around their wrists.
Yamay is just another economical smartwatch for women and young girls, but the charming unisex design also includes boys and men on the wearers’ list.
The design features a cool metal frame, and two strap sizes — the fit-all and the large sizes. So, whether you are a small girl, or a skinny woman, it wears nicely on your wrist.
Since lots of young women and girls under 20 years are concerned about outfit, this cheap smartwatch is a good match for outfit since it comes in multiple colors. The black band is a good color option for any outfit, casual wear and school or formal wears.
The battery life is adorable, lasting between up to 10 days after a single recharge. More than that, Yamay is an android gadget with ip68 waterproof rating. The fitness activity tracker is one reason why Yamay android smartwatch is a favorite among athletic youngsters.
The best value comes from the health monitoring features, including heart rate monitor and sleep tracker. Exceptionally for a young girl at 14 who can easily forget her menstrual periods, Yamay makes the best budget android smartwatch that can detect her period changes.
- Look and feel: Unisex design
- Water resistance: IP68 waterproofing
- Battery life: 8-10 days
- Activity: Fitness and health tracking
- Female Wellness: menstrual cycle monitoring
Reasons to Buy
- Best economical smartwatch for teens with music
- Can receive phone-free calls, and message alerts from social media, emails
- Female Health monitoring smartwatch for girls
- Good fitness tracker for kids and teens
- A very economical watch, if you are shopping with a tight budget plan
- Sleep, heart, and menstrual period tracking
Reason to Avoid
This Wear OS android watch for teens lacks mobile payment
TicWatch E2: Best Budget Swimming Smartwatch For Teens
The TicWatch E2 is the best smartwatch for grown-up children, who don’t want to wear a bigger, larger, and heavier thing on their wrist.
Like other good smartwatches, it has a heart rate sensor, activity tracker, and GPS satellite system, all at an affordable price for beginners.
With waterproof rating at 50m, a water-loving teen can shower and go swimming while wearing it – no water damage or accidental spills affect it. For birthday or Christmas, Ticwatch E2 is an unforgettable gift for a regular swimmer.
Besides its large storage space, Ticwatch remains a smartwatch with good connectivity, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, all at an affordable price. Although it lacks Google Pay and NFC patent gateway, this charming budget android 4+ wearOS smart watch is still a good bargain.
- Operating System: Wear OS
- Compatibility: Android 4.3+, iOS 8+
- Display: 1.39″ 400 x 400 OLED
- Processor : Snapdragon Wear 2100
- Onboard storage: 4GB
- Battery life: Around 48h
- Charging method: Magnetic
- Waterproof rating: IP67 rated 5ATM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1
Reasons to Buy This Top-notch Smartwatch for Teenagers
- Design is lightweight and comfortable
- Has hundreds of watch faces most appealing to youths.
- High resolution display and round gorgeous dial
- Good endurance features, including 5ATM water resistance.
- Fitness-tracking for swimming, speed, distance, calories burned.
- Display metrics like lap count, stroke count, swim style in the water pool
- Supports outdoor activity recording with GPS, GLONASS and Beidou
- Supports many apps downloadable at Google PlayStore
- Runs on smooth and efficient Google wearOS platform
- Benefits of wear OS smartwatch – Google Voice Assistant, Google PlayStore
- Google Fit app for fitness tracking
Should Parents Get Apple Watch for Kids Over 10 Years?
Is buying an Apple watch for kids, an age-appropriate and cost-effective decision for parents? Hard to tell, but we know Apple makes the best Smartwatches, overall.
It gives everyone an opportunity to make calls, listen to music, monitor health (diabetes, blood oxygen, heart health) and track fitness workouts.
Apple makes premium smartwatches. Because of the high prices, parents must consider their son or daughter’s age before rushing to pick one. Giving your children Apple watches has huge benefits, but before you buy, make sure you know what they will do with it.
Why Should Parents Buy An Apple Watch For a Child?
The “Find My Friend” feature allows parents to track their kids for safety. But Apple watches may not make the right choice for your pre-teen or teenager if she is careless and risks losing the item. When choosing a smartwatch for a teenager, an older Apple Watch may be worth buying rather than one of the latest models or a brand-new device.
Apple Watch SE (GPS + Cellular, 40mm) – Best Affordable Pre-teen Kids Smart watch for iPhone
Buying an Apple Watch for kids over 10 years means your family stays connected even without iPhones. So, the Apple Watch SE is a suitable, budget -friendlier model you can choose for a teenager.
The Apple Watch SE is lightweight and a cheaper alternative to Apple Watch 6. Some users fondly refer to Apple Watch SE as Series 3 successor. It competes with Fitbit Charge 3, but cheaper than a Galaxy Watch 3.
The Apple Watch SE has incorporated some functions from Series 4 onward. The It 40mm is a remarkable fit for teens, although 44mm could go, depending on the age and size of the child.
If a mother or father is ordering it, the family setup essentially turns the gadget into a GPS tracker for the child. Again, the LTE wrist watch will allow communication as a great way to contact kids when away from home.
You will find SE in a range of styles, colors and sizes. It tracks daily activities, including exercises like swimming, running, yoga. With memory, it can hold podcasts, gaming, and MP3 music.
The watch OS powered watch comes with impressive features, including GPS tracking, text messaging, and phone calls with esim.
Non-cellular model: Apple watch SE (40mm + GPS)
- GPS + Cellular model lets you call and text
- Large Retina OLED display
- Up to 2x faster processor than Series 3
- Case: lightweight aluminum
More Reasons to Consider Apple Watch SE for Kids
- Keeps whole family face and connected with apple watches
- Quick and easy to receive notifications
- Best parental control tool smartwatch
- Guardians can limit services and apps their little ones can access, contacts
- Apple’s Family Setup to manage and restrict a few functions on the device
- The watch can contact emergency services using the SOS feature
- You need cellular model like Apple Watch 4 to work with select carriers – T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon.
Is Apple Watch Good for Kids Under 10 Years?
There are many best smartwatches for toddlers and infants aged 3-10. But Apple watches aren’t age-appropriate smartwatches for children below 10 years because children aren’t also allowed to own phones.
But if you’ve got the money to waste, you can probably buy Apple Watch 7 for your little son or daughter of 5. If you’ve got many children, Apple watches are not cost-effective kids smart watches.
But there are alternatives to Apple Watches for kids. The following are kid-friendly smartwatches with functions and style, without much to spend.
VTech Kidizoom DX2 Smartwatch
High-quality kid-friendly tech smartwatch for younger kids. It has an inbuilt camera for videos and photos, customizable faces, timer, alarm, games and no fitness-tracking. Check VTech Kidizoom DX2 Smartwatch on Amazon.
Garmin Vivofit Jr.3
If you want the best smartwatch for a little kid under 8 years that will help her complete minor tasks around, Garmin Vivofit Jr.3 is best fitness-tracking child’s smartwatch to buy. By combining a reward system and fitness-tracking, the wearable trains your small boy or girl child how to do chores healthily. The beautiful thing is the long-lasting smartwatch’s ability to sync with a parent’s smartphone, games, and variety of styles for younger kids.