If you’ve decided to wear the best round face smartwatch from today, your shopping for it is halfway done! Of course, you know that round face smartwatches are gorgeous and classic, but how do you pick the best all round smartwatch that looks like crazy luxury? Don’t worry. This review article will help you make that smart decision from our recommended list. So, let’s go.
If you love classic round face smartwatches, you will definitely fall head-over-heels for Moto 360, a sublime wearable with a leather strap and a heart rate monitor. How cool.
But if you decide that round face watches are not your thing, then maybe a cool square face Apple Watch series 7 will do the magic for you. Let me tell you a brief story.
When I was a little kid learning to read time, our teacher would draw circles with three arrows. That formed and cemented my belief that smart and wrist watches all had round faces. Even today that I’m a grown up man with a son, I still believe that rectangular watches are unusual pieces to wear.
Anyway, that’s just me.
Functionality and fashion are two reasons why someone will buy a Rolex for over $10,000 or an Apple watch for a pre-teenage kid. But an often ignored feature when shopping for a smartwatch is the shape of the smartwatch display screen.
Even when you want to track health and fitness with your smartwatch, you also want the design to meet your dressing style and to fit any occasion.
You have likely seen smartwatches with round faces and those with square dial faces. But which do you prefer? A round shaped or square showed display smartwatch?
Nobody can answer that for you. Your choice of a smartwatch face shape depends on your personal taste more than a one-fit-all reason.
Why People Prefer Round Face Smart Watches Over Square Dial?
When you look at the watch as a whole, no one needs to tell you the dial is an important part. Functionality, chain band or leather may change, but the dial doesn’t.
The material and the shape of the dial alone hold the elegance and attractiveness of the watch more than the other components.
On a personal note, unlike square-style screen smartwatches, circular shape smart watches look pretty sleek, thin, lightweight, and astoundingly natural.
Wear a round shaped smartwatch on your wrist, and the instant classic look draws attention to that wrist. I believe round dial smartwatches go with every style and fashion more than rectangular smart watches.
Navigating circular display smartwatches is pretty intuitive. Since the round screen shape is more expansive, it seems to hold a larger or bigger display space when you glance over it. You can rotate those with gyroscope to access the desired features.
Although smartwatches with display screen shaped in a circle look more iconic with classic flavor, their downside is that text and notifications can only display near the center and not at the edges.
That is why apps on round face watches may not show up. So there is an under-use of the circular smartwatch display screens.
Read more: how to charge a smart watch without USB charger
Round Face Smartwatch vs Square Dial Smartwatch
Deciding between two popular designs, round-faced and square-faced smart watches, is more of a personal taste of fashion style than a functional one. People love round smartwatches more than rectangular watches because round watches are more elegant than square dial smartwatches.
But people associate round dial smartwatches to be more natural because of clock hand circular movement. Everything, including internal gears, hour, and minute hands, spins around an axis, and so, people look at a circular face watch as a century old style, more historical than rectangular faces.
Square smartwatches were designed to copy phone-style shapes. And do you know why phones are rectangular? To ease handling with bare hands.
That means square dial smartwatches are more tech and design-led than the round shaped smart watches that people are familiar with because clock hands originally move round.
Although the round vs square smartwatch design creates a divide, unless you consider a smartwatch as a replacement for a smartphone, both watch face shapes serve the same purpose.
That’s why the choice between a practical square and a more natural round face smartwatch should be a matter of personal taste and style.
Read More: How to get snapchat on Apple watch
How to Choose Round Smartwatches
Shopping for smartwatches online today can be a pretty laborious task, especially if you don’t yet know which shape of watch face to consider. But if you can decide early between the best round face smartwatch and the rectangular face smartwatch, your shopping is half-way done.
How to Choose a Circular Smartwatch
Here are few points to consider when shopping for the best round face smartwatch.
The very obvious design you want to check is if the smartwatch face is circular or not. And again, I believe you would also consider the strap, a disc-like case size, and how they fit your wrist, fashionably and comfortably.
A round face smartwatch that is lightweight, or less bulky feels more comfortable to wear all day long. Apart from the enclosing watch case, the watch dial must have a perfectly orbital shape, or maintain a perfectly round structure.
Another important feature in a smartwatch with a round form is the clear display. A high resolution display screen has better clarity even under sunlight and poor light conditions. According to most experienced watch users, a good easy-to-read smartwatch has at least 240×240 pixels.
One of the most fashionable components of a watch that holds a lot of elegance and cuteness is the dial. The shape of a watch dial and the material protecting the dial hold more value than many other components.
When shopping for a circular smartwatch, go for a round dial. And make sure the watch has a powerful crystal protection against dust, scratches, water, and mud.
I understand the dial form does not matter on how rugged or tough a smartwatch has to be. But if you are looking for a more durable round face smartwatch, gorilla glass is as powerful as sapphire, and that is common in tactical Smartwatches.
Heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, oxygen saturation level in blood, menstrual or period tracker for women, are just a few of the wellness benefits you would expect from your circular face smartwatch.
Don’t ignore heart rate, especially when you’re doing fitness activities. To enjoy quality sleep after a long day from office, also pick a crescent face smartwatch that analyses your sleep cycles, both deep sleep and REM sleep.
Outdoor and Fitness Modes – GPS and Sport Modes
If you love sports and adventure, GPS tracking, geo-location, finding trajectories, are important for staying safe.
Runners, like hunters, hikers, or bikers, need GPS smartwatches to walk all times. GPS, besides counting your steps when doing fitness walking exercises, also tells how much distance you travel. That’s something you can’t ignore during outdoor multi-sport activities and outdoor adventures.
In our list, there are many sporty round shape watches, a better option for fitness enthusiasts.
You may want a round smartwatch that is more about form than function. But all that elegance would feel like nothing without phone functions such as calendar, alarms, call alerts, text messages, and all the other smartwatch notifications.
Ideally, you can also check for:
- round smartwatch with text messaging features,
- circular face smartwatch with camera, and
- round face standalone smartwatch with cellular SIM card slot.
Your fashionable round face smartwatch will feel like a piece of shit if it does not hold power for few hours. We understand that good smartwatches have many functions that drain life out of the battery. But smartwatches have energy-saving modes, which you can turn on.
The always-on-display in some smart watch gadgets just sucks energy. But it depends on your usage, though.
A round face smartwatch with a battery that lasts just 1 day is really not impressive as a rounded structured smartwatch with 7 to 10 days battery life.
Check these long battery life smartwatches.
Best Round Dial Smartwatches Review
Now, let’s see the various smart watch designs with round faces.
1. Ticwatch E – Best Round Face Smartwatch for iPhone and Android Users
Ticwatch E is a round android smartwatch suitable for women and teenage boys and girls. Equipped with high-end features, the smartwatch disc-shaped dial looks sleek, and truly feminine .
The ring-shaped smartwatch face is a 1.4 inch OLED multi-touch display screen with 400 x 400 resolutions to a pixel density of 287ppi. For safety, an anti-scratch glass cover or protects the round dial of the smartwatch.
The built-in GPS and GLONASS means you can go walking, running, or cycling, and it will keep tabs on your distance, steps, and pace. The dual navigation system can track your activities during outdoor adventures.
- Display: OLED touchscreen
- Screen size 1.4 inches,
- Dial: round, anti-scratch glass
- Messaging: sms, email, mms
- Battery: non removable
- Connectivity: GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Software: android wear 2.0
- Sensors: HRM, accelerometer,
- gyroscope, magnetometer
- Memory: 4GB, 512 RAM
- Waterproof: ip67
- Dimension: 44x44x13.55 mm
Reasons to Buy This Android Round Face Smartwatch
- It’s budget-friendly
- Great for women and teenagers
- Has a high resolution disc-like display, with a capacitive touch screen
- Accurate health tracker – 24/7 Heart rate monitor
- Lightweight and less bulky on wrists
- Comfy strap, very comfortable to wear for the entire day
- Dual satellite navigation system for accurate location tracking
- Fitness tracker monitors indoor cycling, running and walking exercises
- It supports Google Fit, Strava, and several fitness apps
- Supports Google assistant or text reply, calling
- Smart notifications for incoming calls, text, and social media
- Offers Google Play Music, like a standalone music player,
- Has a variety of watch faces at Google PlayStore
- Waterproof rated, so can resist set splashes, but not swimming, snorkeling or showering
The Cons of This Android Round Face Smartwatch
- No NFC, wireless charging
- No sim card, no Camera
- No built-in sleep tracking
- No two-way calls or text for iOS users
2. Moto 360 3rd Gen – Wear OS by Google – The Luxury Stainless Steel Smartwatch with Circular Dial
Moto 360 Wear OS crescent-shaped smartwatch is a sleek design with a classy and techy touch.
The Moto 360 watch face features a cyclic dial with a sunlight readable display. The round watch case, the dial material, and the attractive watch face all make the Moto 360, the best looking smartwatch you can get today for dressing.
The disc-like screen is waterproof and protected by a durable gorilla glass 3 against dust, rains, scratches. The glass looks classic, and with a combination of leather and silicone interchangeable straps, you see that Moto 360 is crafted to complement your fashion lifestyle.
The stainless steel case and the premium scratch-resistant gorilla glass are more durable. Which means your Moto 360 round face smartwatch will last long.
- Dial material: gorilla glass 3
- Circular screen size: 1.19 inches
- Interface: touchscreen
- Circular case with size: 42.8mm
- Battery: 355mAH, 24 hours
- Color: gold
- Bands: leather and silicone
- Connectivity: NFC
- Operating system: wear OS by Google
- Voice command: Google Assistant
- Water resistance: 30m
Reasons You Should Buy This Circular Smartwatch
- Long-lasting timepiece made of stainless steel, titanium screws
- Ultra fast-charging
- Large memory space for music storage: 8GB and 1GB RAM
- High-speed processor wear 3100, offers optimum performance
- Special sensors include GPS and heart rate trackers
- Compatibility with android and iOS
- Easy Access to Google PlayStore, Google Pay, viber apps
- The round face watch syncs seamlessly with Spotify, Shazam
- Works with Google Fit, strava, Nike run, for fitness tracking
3. Garmin Vívoactive 4 – Best Circular Smartwatch for Running
Garmin Vivoactive 4 is a tough health smartwatch for athletes. The screen features a 1.3 inch all-round display, with a good resolution of 260×260 pixels, and a durable Corning gorilla glass v3 protection.
It poses no risk of shatter or scratches from your daily runs and outdoor fitness training. The circular view of the watch face comes in two case diameters. 40mm is great for small wrists and 45mm for bigger manly wrists.
The simple button and sleek design, including 4 color options, means you can always find your favorite round face smartwatch for running and fitness training.
There are tons of health features for every kind of runner, including women. The menstrual cycle tracker is a plus for female athletes, besides the 24/7 hours heart rate, stress, and sleep tracker.
That is not all. The vivoactive is a circular smartwatch with a pulse ox sensor that checks your oxygen levels in blood during running exercises.
In addition to heart variability, the round face watch also monitors athletes’ breathing patterns (breaths per minute) especially in a running workout. At least, you can estimate when you can push your body out of oxygen, and max heart rate.
- Color: Silver
- Smartwatch shape: Round
- Multiple sizes: 40mm, 45mm
- Health: Sleep, oxygen, and heart rate monitor
- Fitness tracking: Yes
- Built-in GPS, Pulse Ox sensors
- Smart notifications: Yes
- Water-resistance: Yes
- Battery life: 8 days
Reasons to Buy This round Dial Smartwatch With Call Function
- Amazing round dial smartwatch for running
- Easy-to-use interface
- Excellent health monitoring features, including menstrual cycle
- Long battery life
- Supports Garmin Pay for cash-free shopping
- Several sports and animation modes
- Personal training coach with custom training goals
- Smart notifications include incoming calls, email, texts
- Has GPS geolocation tracker and multi-sport modes
- Can read athletes’ number of breaths per minute
Although there are many sport modes include swimming, cycling, biking and running, unfortunately with GPS tracking during outdoor runs, the battery life does last long.
4. Amazfit Verge – Circular-Shaped Smartwatch for Teenagers
Amazfit Verge is absolutely a favorite android smartwatch for women. Its feminine touch in the design includes the smooth round shape dial, and its disc-like 1.3inches AMOLED display.
The glittering circular face smart watch looks more fashionable on slender teen girls’ wrists than on adults. Still on the visible elegance, the sports watch comes in three different color options. Its comfy strap gives a comfortable fit and a captivating appearance on a delicate wrist.
The built-in Alexa is a better alternative to Google Assistant. You can use voice commands to check weather forecasts, open notifications, get reminders, without finger touching the round dial display screen.
- Color: Gray
- Dial Shape: Round
- Sleep and heart rate monitoring
- Multi Sport modes: 12
- Smart notifications: calls, text
- Built-in Alexa voice command
- Water-resistance: IP68
- Battery life: 5 days
Reasons to Buy
- Built-in Alexa
- Elegant, sporty look
- Accurate and pulse heart rate data
- Wear it while sleeping and it analyses your sleep cycles.
- You love sports? You get up to 12 different sport modes- running, walking, tennis, skiing
- Allows you to make and receive phone calls from the wrist
- It issues notifications, including text messages and social media
- Waterproof rated, so it can endure rains, wet splashes.
- Battery life is not overly impressive, especially in GPS mode
- You can’t wear for showering or swimming in open or pool water
- No onboard GPS
- Must pair with phone to receive or make call
5. Samsung Galaxy Watch 2 – Best Round Face Smartwatch Ladies Love
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 is a beautiful round face smartwatch ladies admire most. The round dial is sleek, feminine, and gorgeous.
Samsung products are impeccable and popular, with this Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 a treasure among android women.
Until you wear it on your girlfriend’s or mother’s or wife’s wrist, you won’t ever completely behold the stunning and ecstatic beauty it offers.
The gadget comes with a 1.35 inches supe AMOLED, round and full color always-on display. The circular screen is high resolution, with up to 360 x 360 pixel, so you get a clear view of your fitness and health stats just at a glance.
The watch face, the dial, and the case are circular with a diameter o 40mm. This fits gorgeously on small wrists, but the 44mm version is suitable for bigger, masculine wrists.
The dial protection material is a Corning gorilla glass DX+, hard, durable and scratch-resistant. Again, the models come in either stainless steel or in lightweight aluminum.
- Display: full color always-on, circular super AMOLED
- Round dial glass crystal: Corning gorilla DX+
- Processor:Exynos 9110 dual core 1.15GHz
- Operating system: Tizen based wearable OS 4.0
- Internal Memory: 1.5GB RAM+4GB LTE model
- Battery: 340mAH
- Connectivity: LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, GPS, beidou, Glonass
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyro, barometer, HRM,
- Durability: MIL-STD-810G
- Compatibility: android 5+, iPhone 5+
Reasons to Buy This Circular Face Smartwatch
- Durable, with tough glass and stainless steel case
- Aluminum version is pretty lightweight on wrist
- The super AMOLED rounded screen is easier to read
- 24/7 heart rate checker, analyses heart beat for spikes
- It performs sleep-tracking and analyses sleep cycles and schedule
- Has majority of exercises or workouts, including cycling, running, swimming
- Supports luxury features like Siri, Google Assistant, Alexa, Bixby
- Issues weather forecasts and sets reminders for your activities
- With internal microphone and speakers, you can receive calls without phone nearby
- Supports smart notifications and replying to text
- Has 50 m water resistance, which is suitable for swimming, light shower
- The LTE model has a larger storage memory for songs
Unfortunately, it has poor battery power. But the battery life really depends on your daily usage.